In the Oneiroid state one feels and behaves as though in a dream. One may be
deeply perplexed and not fully oriented in time and place. During this state of clouded consciousness, one may experience
feelings of ecstasy and rapidly shifting hallucinated scenes. Illusionary distortions of their perceptional processes,
including disturbances of time perceptional processes, and the symptomatic picture may resemble that of a hysterical
twilight state. The oneiroid schizophrenic acknowledges everyday realities gives priority to their world of hallucinatory
and delusional experiences, whereas the normal person with a vivid fantasy life always gives priority to contingencies of
reality. Oneiroid states are usually limited in duration and occur most frequently in acute schizophrenic breakdowns.
about the band
"Oneiroid psychosis is characterized by an acute, confused dreamlike state."
- From the Bantam Medical Dictionary
The music of Oneiroid Psychosis is known as some of the darkest in existence. Characterized by dark synth textures
and thought-provoking lyrics and vocals - it is difficult to categorize them. Thus they became the originators of a new
genre now known as Progressive Darkwave. The phrase "oneiroid psychosis" defines a pathologic state in which the subject
has difficulty differentiating between reality and dreams. Lars and Leif Hansen have captured the sound of what it must
feel like to be so afflicted, making Oneiroid Psychosis one of the most frightening recording artists ever heard.
Oneiroid Psychosis has gained worldwide recognition. They have performed in well known cities such as Chicago,
New York, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Phoenix and have been featured in many magazines around the world. With
six CDs produced over their fifteen year career they have been on various labels such as Decibel of Milwaukee, WI;
Nilaihah of Columbus, OH; and COP International of Germany and California. They have contributed vocals, guitars,
production, and remixes for such bands as Rise of the Fallen from Canada, The Azoic from Ohio, Dissonance from Texas,
Psychic TV from England, and both I, Parasite and Android Lust from NY.
In 2008 Lars decided to gain more control over their music, and took on the task of starting his own record label
-- Psylab Studios. With this, the album "Sentient"was released. While continuing to contribute his deeply thoughtful
lyrics, Leif decided to depart the band in 2008, to take a bigger part in the raising of his first daughter.
Lars is still going strong writing, composing, recording, and producing new music and continues to valiantly
explore the depths of the dark moods of which he is so well known for creating. He plans to perform live more often and
meet the fans that have followed and loved OP for more than a decade.
01. Dark Day - 5:00 02. October - 4:42 03. Solace of the Shadows - 2:01 04. Galatea - 4:12 05. Wandering of the Womb - 3:02
06. Tristesse - 4:49 07. Mircalla - 4:59 08. Long Lost - 2:37 09. lea - 2:48 10. A Soul Upon All This - 5:09
11. Carmilla - 5:50 12. Cloud of Unknowing - 3:31 13. Nihil Novum Sub Sole - 4:38
01. "killed today a young girl; it was fine and hot." - 4:05 02. Winter Day - 6:56 03. Discharge - 5:11 04. Cursed - 4:01
05. Withering and Wishing - 6:11 06. Disturbance - 7:58 07. Fragments - 5:11 08. In Nature and Black - 6:47
01. Adipocere - 2:47 02. Coalesce - 6:29 03. The Child Spell - 3:32 04. Ambivalence - 10:52 05. Away My Life - 6:30 06. As I Wake - 4:56
07. It Won't Go Away - 11:12 08. I Am The Totality - 6:20 09. Incarnate - 3:42 10. The Sardonic Smile - 3:41